Teach Yourself to Sew, Volume 5 demonstrates why the right preparation is critical to sewing success whether you’re a beginner or more advanced. This workshop will get you off to a great start with expert guidance from the Threads team of Executive Editor Judith Neukam and Associate Editor Stephani Miller.
Good planning before the fitting process is fundamental and that’s what you’ll learn to do, including how to:
- Take and chart your measurements
- Find the right pattern size
- Check the pattern vs. your body before you start
- Establish your preferred fit
Sew clothes that fit and flatter... and look like a million. Conquer the details that contribute to a beautifully fitting garment that you’ll be proud to wear, these fundamentals will enhance everything you sew from now on:
- Get the right shoulder slope and how to make adjustments
- Determine how a garment hangs
- Shape your garment using darts
- Fit the circumference
- Learn how to true seams
Learn how to use a croquis sketch, a camera, your dress form, and test garments to refine your sewing and achieve the most flattering fit.